Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Aquamans Frag Tank Build

Blog Entries

Aquamans Frag Tank Build

Well a few weeks back our friend Aquaman put in and order for a reef flat from M&Gs Reef so arcylic was orderred. Today I was finally able to get in the shop and get to work laying on table here is what I see as a tank most probably most see it as a stack pastic

We are building 48"x24"x12" which is a 60gal tank, first thing to do is make all the cuts. You want to make all your cuts at once as not to have to adjust the saw and insure that all cuts are same

now that all pieces are cut it's time to prepair the edges for Weldon solvent here's picture of first corner joint to be glued

well now it's time to let that set up more later
    save the reef frag a coralM&Gs REEF

angry john

Re: Aquamans Frag Tank Build

sweet pics and walk threw. I found out that the glue kills the rubber part of the plunger in about a week. i know you work a lot faster than that

Blog Entries

Yell I've lost one to that now empty it after every use and have four spares on the self, nothing worse than loosing one in the middle of prodject

Blog Entries

Nice-I better get with the program,....Having to tear up the floor covering & decking-turning a exterior utility closet into my fish room. It certainly wasnt built for any serious weight. I figure I better do it now than wait until I have to move everything or it crashes! Going to take this opportunity to run wiring & plumbing for the frag & future projects to.
    I like to glue sea creatures to rocks with ridicules amounts of water & electricity

looking good. So whats the plans for the new frag tanks just going to a bunch of mixed frags or growing just certain things
    300 SPS Reef tank

Blog Entries

We got alittle more done today, sides are all together now

also started getting top ready to attach should be able to get that done tomarrow, I always do the top first as strange as it may seem. The reason being it makes cutting out the center easier

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clowninaround
    looking good. So whats the plans for the new frag tanks just going to a bunch of mixed frags or growing just certain things
    nothing specific-just tired of working out of multiple 20's starting to look like a pet shop! I plan to incorporate most everything into this fish room (Fish Closet) I dont like clutter nor does the boss.........looking at the coral vue 6-bulb & a octopus 110 needle wheel for this what do you think? Ofcourse I'm all about a slightly used product! I think Fast is going to work on a 55 gallon sump aswell. (Cant wait to have a nice clean/organized work area) oh.....& with a lock on the door
    I like to glue sea creatures to rocks with ridicules amounts of water & electricity

i have the octopus 110 skimmer an love it. Very simple an skimms really good
    300 SPS Reef tank

Blog Entries

I think the T5s would be nice, I just might have a skimmer for sale if you want an MR-1

Blog Entries

ok I know its been a little bit since last up date but with work and this crasy weather it has been hard to much done. Today was a great day to be outside and get some work done and we did, first finally got the top glued

then from there while glue was setting up I was able to get set up to build the over flow

with that done I cut the top openning out and prepaired to glue the bottom

at this point glued every thing in and now need to wait 48 hour to water test and finsh the edges